Roar – Mike Brearley is one of the best cricket captains ever and his book, On Form, was launched recently.
- Mike Brearley is one of the best cricket captains ever and his book, On Form, was launched recently.
- Similarly, one should not tinker with the batting order, except once in a while maybe as a shock strategy.
- The contrary example was of the much-criticised Dean Elgar, who was beaten maybe 25 times in the second innings of the recent Johannesburg Test but with dogged determination scored a remarkable 86 not out.
- Brearley clarified that lacking form is different from getting out early, and stated with a chuckle that Bradman had more ducks than him in Test cricket –even though Bradman was the best batsman of all time, while he was a very ordinary Test batsman.
- Brearley said that sometimes he did go over the top with his aggression but Chappell was a student of the game and always wanted people to do their best, be resilient and try new things.