GiveMeSport – Jason Roy says England’s batsmen have “a bee in their bonnet” after two lacklustre outings against Australia.
- Jason Roy says England’s batsmen have “a bee in their bonnet” after two lacklustre outings against Australia.
- With Australia already assured of their place in the Auckland final later this month only one of England or the Black Caps can join them, and Roy insists there is a hunger in the camp to give a better account of themselves at Wellington’s Westpac Stadium.
- The England and Wales Cricket Board had initially pencilled this fixture in as a possible comeback date for its box office all-rounder, who will instead spend his Tuesday in Bristol Magistrates’ Court.
- It is only a matter of weeks since Roy’s 180 in Melbourne set a new English record for 50-over cricket but he has had a leaner time in the sprint format, dismissed in single-figures in his last four innings.
- “I’ve under-performed in quite a few of my last T20 games which has been hugely frustrating,” he noted.