News – Cricket: Aussie captain Steve Smith has won his second Allan Border Medal, pipping teammates David Warner and Nathan Lyon.
- Still only 27, Perry has been an international cricketer for a decade and now has won her second Belinda Clark Award.
- Perry’s six weeks out with a hamstring injury at the start of the year, plus the solid form of Beth Mooney and Megan Schutt, meant there was talk of an upset winner.
- But just as Steve Smith dominated the Allan Border Medal on Monday night, the star all-rounder comfortably won the top individual honour in Australian women’s cricket.
- That was ancient history by November, when Perry broke the Australian record for the highest women’s Test score.
- Perry, who previously won the Belinda Clark Award two years ago, also reached 3000 international runs in 2017.