ABC News Australia – That is how Australian batsman, Chris Lynn, succinctly explains his approach to the 20-over game.
- The dynamic hard hitter is also a white-ball specialist, raising the questions about the make-up of Australia’s best T20 side: do we need our Test stars in the national T20 team?
- David Warner, as captain, is the only player from the Test squad for the upcoming series against South Africa who is involved in the T20 tri-series between Australia, New Zealand and England.
- So where does this leave Australia’s other big-name players and Test incumbents like Smith, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Tim Paine and Mitch Marsh, all of whom have been rested for the T20 tri-series?
- “It won’t be an easy job for the selectors to try and fit those guys back into the national T20 team,” Katich said.
- Some would say Australia is currently not fielding its best players in the current T20 tri-series and the first big test for this current group of players could come when they play the tournament final in Auckland on February 21.