BD News 24 – India took an unassailable 4-1 lead in the six-match series as Sharma finally came good with the bat, scoring 115 after India were asked to bat first and amassed 274 for seven wickets in their 50 overs.
- South Africa, who needed victory to keep alive their hopes of levelling the series, were all out for 201 in response.
- India replace South Africa at the top of the International Cricket Council’s ODI rankings.
- India’s ODI series victory came after they lost 2-1 in the three Tests played between the two countries last month.
- India’s last 10 overs produced only 55 runs and handed South Africa a gettable target at a run rate of 5.50.
- A cameo 39 from wicketkeeper Heinrich Klaasen, who had been the hero of South Africa’s victory in the last match, could not stem the inevitable.