NZCityt – Allrounder Ben Stokes will join England in New Zealand but an immediate playing appearance has been ruled out.
- Allrounder Ben Stokes will join England in New Zealand but an immediate playing appearance has been ruled out.
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has confirmed Kiwi-born Stokes will arrive in Hamilton on Friday after appearing at Bristol Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday charged with affray along with two other men.
- Following the court appearance, an ECB spokesman confirmed Stokes would travel to join the team involved in the tri-series Twenty20 international tournament involving New Zealand and Australia.
- The ECB spokesman said Stokes will not be required to return to the UK for a hearing at Bristol Crown Court on March 12.
- They are jointly charged with affray in the Clifton Triangle area of Bristol on September 25 last year – several hours after England had played a one-day international against the West Indies.