The Age – But Reakes isn’t expecting anything to just fall into place.”We all went back and played grade cricket on Sunday and we had a few interesting pitches.
- “It’s always nice to come back to Canberra and play for the Meteors.
- “The Sixers managed to win the WBBL title in the absence of South African superstars Dane van Niekirk and Marizanne Kapp – and now the Meteors will look to replicate that success.
- The WNCL final picture is messy heading into the final round – the Meteors sit fifth and need two wins to have any chance at a maiden final appearance.
- The NSW Breakers are almost assured of a return to the final where they will be shooting for their 19th title in 22 seasons since the WNCL’s inception in 1996-97.
- The Meteors need to win both games and hope the next three teams in line all lose at least one game – while WA will likely need to lose two.Caden Helmers is a sports reporter for The Canberra TimesMorning Afternoon NewsletterDelivered Mon–Fri.