The Yorkshire Post – Emerald Headingley will stage an Ashes Test in 2023, the ECB has revealed.
- A general view of the match in play between England and West Indies during day four of the the second Investec Test match at Headingley, Leeds in 2017 Yorkshire’s ground has already been chosen as one of five venues for an Ashes Test in the 2019 series, marking the end of a decade without the most famous fixture on the calendar gracing the Leeds ground.
- “We pride ourselves as a highly successful Test venue and have a long-standing commitment to Test cricket, including the unparalleled provision of several leading lights in the England national side.
- Sales at Emerald Headingley continue to improve year-on-year and customer satisfaction was at an all-time high at last year’s Test Match.”
- On the T20 franchise announcement, Arthur said: “Emerald Headingley being chosen as a host venue for the new T20 competition provides a great opportunity to attract new supporters and widen the appeal of cricket in our region.
- “The Yorkshire County Cricket Club has diversified its offering in recent years to ensure that Emerald Headingley is a welcoming venue for families, encouraging new supporters to attend cricket matches.