Indian Express – By: Express Web Desk | Published: February 14, 2018 1:23 England cricketer Ben Stokes leaves Bristol Magistrates Court in Bristol.
- By: Express Web Desk | Published: February 14, 2018 1:23 England cricketer Ben Stokes leaves Bristol Magistrates Court in Bristol.
- (Reuters)A day after England allrounder Ben Stokes pleaded not guilty to the affray charges on him following an incident in the city of Bristol last September, England coach Trevor Bayliss said that it is unlikely the cricketer will play a part in the first ODI against New Zealand on February 25, in spite of him being available for the same.
- With Stokes pleading not guilty, a court hearing will take place on March 12, after the final ODI of the series which will be played on March 10.
- The coach further added that Stokes, who will be arriving in New Zealand on February 18, will be assessed during practice sessions.
- Stokes has not played cricket since the domestic T20 tournament for Canterbury in December, and last played for England in September.