Fox Sports Australia – The 21-year-old Fallins has been named in a 14-player squad to face South Australia at the SCG when round seven of the Shield gets underway on Friday.
- Fallins has been named alongside veteran offspinner Will Somerville — who took 35 wickets to be the Blues’ leading bowler last campaign — as cover for Test spinner Nathan Lyon, who flies out for the four-Test tour of South Africa on Thursday.
- Lyon is the only man missing from the second-placed Blues’ squad which lost to Western Australia in Perth last week, with the team’s remaining Test stars — including captain Steve Smith and pace trio Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins — all rested from that clash.
- South Australia, meanwhile, welcome back captain Callum Ferguson from a hamstring injury suffered in the Big Bash League — but have lost star paceman Chadd Sayers to Test duties.
- Sayers was a belated call-up to the South African tour following a hamstring injury to regular back-up paceman Jackson Bird.
- Western Australia have been hit hard by international commitments, with brothers Shaun and Mitch Marsh, opener Cameron Bancroft and speedster Jhye Richardson all jetting off to South Africa after helping the Warriors to victory last week.