Cricket World – First XI coach Andrew Gale has named a 20-man squad for the Club’s pre-season tour of South Africa next month.
- First XI coach Andrew Gale has named a 20-man squad for the Club’s pre-season tour of South Africa next month.
- The squad are due to arrive back in the UK on March 21, with a two-day match against Durham at Emirates Riverside (April 3) and the First-Class fixture against Leeds Bradford MCCU, which gets underway on Saturday April 7, already scheduled.
- Bowler Liam Plunkett, who was recently ruled out of the ODI series against New Zealand with a hamstring injury, will travel with the squad for the full trip as he steps up his recovery, while David Willey is due to join up with the group on March 14, following the completion of the five-match international series.
- England U19 captain Harry Brook, who made his County Championship debut against Essex at Scarborough in 2017, will tour as part of his first full pre-season with the senior squad and recently spent time at the Fanie du Toit Sportsgrounds for England’s pre-World Cup training camp.
- Club captain Gary Ballance, who turned down the chance to represent the North squad in Barbados in March, will instead tour with his White Rose team-mates having missed winter training at Emerald Headingley due to the Ashes tour.