BBC UK – Glamorgan have announced new contracts for fast bowlers Michael Hogan, Timm van der Gugten and Lukas Carey.
- Glamorgan have announced new contracts for fast bowlers Michael Hogan, Timm van der Gugten and Lukas Carey.
- He was Glamorgan’s most successful bowler in 2017, taking 50 Championship wickets and 20 in the T20 Blast.
- The deals mean that Glamorgan can choose from a settled pool of faster bowlers for 2018 and 2019, with Marchant de Lange, Graham Wagg and Ruaidhri Smith all continuing on contract, while Craig Meschede completes his current deal this summer.
- “Pace bowlers are absolutely fundamental in any team, and to have those guys nailed down is really encouraging,” Glamorgan chief executive Hugh Morris told BBC Sport Wales.
- “Lukas Carey has done really well for us in the last 18 months and made great strides forward, taking 35 (Championship) wicket last year.