Fox Sports Australia – Australia’s all-star attack of Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins and Nathan Lyon ran riot in this summer’s Ashes, with each member taking at least 20 wickets as the hosts stormed to a 4-0 series win.
- But Siddle believes a change of tack is necessary if Australia is to end a run of four straight series losses in the UK.
- Because while Australia’s quicks were simply too fast for England’s batsmen down under, Siddle cannot see the same game plan working in England“You’ve just got to take a look at the teams that have done well over there and they’re not the teams that bowl fast,” Siddle, who last played Test cricket in November 2016, told Cricket Australia’s website.
- LIVE stream the Australia v South Africa Test Series on FOX SPORTS.
- SIGN UP NOW >Australia lost the 2015 Ashes in England 3-2, with Siddle benched for all but the final game.
- Broad and Anderson average 27.12 and 24.29 in England respectively, and have taken close to 600 Test wickets as a pair on the island.