ABC News Australia – For Pat Cummins, it was a low-key return to where it all began.
- For Cummins, his time as an Australian Test cricketer began at the Wanderers, that famous sporting ground in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Cummins had Hashim Amla caught at slip in the first innings, then in the second he galloped through Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, and Jacques Rudolph before mopping up the tail.
- That return to Test ranks was less than a year ago, when Cummins finally managed his second game in Ranchi, India.
- It feels so long ago that I was there, but I guess it was only a few Test matches ago for me,” Cummins said in Johannesburg.
- “Over here, looks like the ball’s going to swing around a bit, and [during South Africa’s] Test matches against India looked like there was a fair bit of nip when the seam was stood up.