Gulf News – Morne Morkel will now be free to play in Twenty20 leagues.
- Morne Morkel will now be free to play in Twenty20 leagues.
- Cape Town: South Africa fast bowler Morne Morkel will retire from all formats of international cricket after the four-match home Test series against Australia starting this week, he said on Monday.
- I have a young family and a foreign wife, and the current demanding international schedule has put a lot of strain us,” Morkel said in a Cricket South Africa news release on Monday.
- Morkel will now be free to play in Twenty20 leagues around the world, although he went unsold in the recent auction for this year’s Indian Premier League.
- Morkel becomes the latest South African player after David Wiese, Kyle Abbott and Rilee Rossouw to forego future national team selection after signing the Kolpak contract to compete in county cricket.