BBC UK – Cricket Ireland has revealed plans to develop a new permanent stadium.
- Cricket Ireland has revealed plans to develop a new permanent stadium.
- The board of Cricket Ireland has voted to pursue the creation of a new national cricket stadium at the National Sports Campus in west Dublin.
- “Cricket in Ireland is entering an exciting new phase, as we begin to understand more and more the implications and obligations of becoming an ICC Full Member,” said CI chief executive Warren Deutrom.
- The decision to relocate to the National Sports Campus follows a review of Cricket Ireland’s previous plan to redevelop the Malahide cricket ground to become their main national stadium.
- An expert report recommended the move to the green-field site where it will be located next to Cricket Ireland’s new administrative office, which is under construction, and other world-class training facilities that are already available on the campus.