Fox Sports Australia – Warne did not just have the ability to turn the ball square, he was the master of mind games and he had Cullinan all tied up before he even arrived at the crease.
- In the seven Test matches in which the two came head to head, Warne claimed Cullinan’s wicket on just four occasions – making him far from cricket’s greatest bunny, in a statistical sense at least.
- But, like Atherton when he saw McGrath’s lanky frame running into bowl, Amla simply has no answer to Hazlewood’s metronomic line and length.
- The rising Aussie quick has dismissed the 34-year-old Amla six times in seven innings – and the one innings Amla played where Hazlewood didn’t get him, he didn’t actually get a chance to bowl at his bunny.
- It means Amla falls to Hazlewood 1.5 times in every Test between the two.
- In history, only two batsman-bowler combinations in Tests average more dismissals per Test than 1 (with a minimum of 10 dismissals): McGrath with Atherton, and Shane Warne’s 11 dismissals from nine Tests of South Africa’s Ashwell Prince.