Cricket World – That too in a test match.
- In physics power is defined as force applied with speed.
- Most of the cricketing actions are stop-start, short lived and the source of energy for those actions are ATP-CP, the energy system meant for power.
- Actions like whacking or throwing a ball, fast bowler hurling a grenade, sprinting or diving are all actions belonging to this energy system.
- KG Rabada and Mitchel Starc both do clean and jerk, power clean – some of the Olympic lifts that produce power in their limb to hurl the ball at great speed.
- Training system in sync with the demand of the game has conditioned the cricketers in doing power based actions at breathtaking level.