Daily Mail UK – Mark Stoneman admits he will be “on trial” in England’s two-Test series against New Zealand.
- Mark Stoneman admits he will be “on trial” in England’s two-Test series against New Zealand.
- Instead, after a campaign which brought Stoneman 232 runs at an average of 25.77, he knows he must restate his claims against another high-quality pace attack here.
- Two months after packing away the Ashes with an innings defeat in the final Test in Sydney, Stoneman said: “I think I’ve got myself on trial really.”
- Stoneman made two early half-centuries in Australia, but mustered just 42 more runs in four innings after being hit on the helmet during a brilliant barrage of short bowling from Hazlewood in Perth.
- “It’s Test cricket, and New Zealand have got some world-class operators.