Lancashire Telegraph – A 92-YEAR-OLD has donated £1,000 to help a cricket club clear its debts.
- Generous Ronald Harrison, an ex-Colne Cricket Club player, said he wanted the Byron Road side to survive for ‘future generations.’
- Mr Hunt said the loan deal with Yorkshire Bank meant they would soon be free to negotiate with new suppliers to receive the best deals for the club.
- Great-grandad Mr Harrison presented a cheque to Jan Dickinson, whose grandad Ellis Dickinson is the club’s all-time run scorer.
- Mr Harrison joined Colne Cricket Club aged 14, and the all-rounder played for the first team between 1948 and 1953.
- Mr Harrison told Mr Dickinson how he played in the same team as Ellis for several seasons.