Hindustan Times – Ben Stokes will not be England’s vice-captain for the two Tests against New Zealand, with James Anderson remaining in the role instead.
- Ben Stokes will not be England’s vice-captain for the two Tests against New Zealand, with James Anderson remaining in the role instead.
- Stokes was selected as vice-captain when Joe Root was handed the role of skipper in February last year.
- However, Anderson had to deputise as Stokes missed the Ashes having been charged along with two other men – Ryan Ali and Ryan Hale – following an incident in Bristol in September, when he was arrested during a night out after the one-day international against West Indies.
- Stokes appeared at Bristol Magistrates Court last month before flying out to New Zealand, from where he pleaded not guilty to a charge of affray to Bristol Crown Court via video link on Monday.
- Stokes returned to the England set-up after being released on bail, featuring in the one-day international series in New Zealand that the tourists won 3-2.