WA Today – A 10-year-old Nick Winter steamed in to bowl, struck a young Tom Rogers on the pads and spun around to the umpire – his father – in a wild appeal for leg before wicket.
- This was almost 15 years ago when Winter and Rogers were youngsters with potential playing in Cricket ACT junior competitions.
- Now they have come full circle after meeting on Australian domestic cricket’s grand stage in the Sheffield Shield – Winter playing for South Australia, Rogers for Tasmania.
- Winter has only played four games but sits just four spots behind Rogers with 28 wickets at 17.82 – now he is dreaming of taking their journey one step further.
- Rogers dismissed Winter in South Australia’s first innings before the Redbacks quick struck back and skittled his Tigers counterpart in Tasmania’s second dig.
- They’ve been playing with and against each other for years, so Rogers took a moment to soak it all in when he walked to the crease and saw Winter waiting and smiling with the ball in hand.