Stuff – Cricket fans were dealt a double whammy in Christchurch when they faced long queues to get into a one-dayer that New Zealand lost.
- Cricket fans were dealt a double whammy in Christchurch when they faced long queues to get into a one-dayer that New Zealand lost.
- Event manager VBase said it was working on ways to avoid similar queue issues at the Easter test match.
- “At this stage a man from VBase told everyone to get their bags ready for inspection, to which a man in the line near me sarcastically said ‘Don’t worry mate, we’ve had three quarters of an hour to get ready for that’.
- “The man from VBase responded by saying ‘Well if everyone didn’t bring a bag, the line would move much quicker.’
- A VBase spokeswoman said: “Following Saturday’s game and the issues we faced with queues, Vbase are now working with Christchurch City Council, as the venue owner, and New Zealand cricket to identify options that will make it quicker for patrons to enter Hagley Oval.