Daily Mail UK – South Africa paceman Kagiso Rabada may miss the rest of the series against Australia but has the consolation of becoming the top-ranked Test bowler.
- South Africa paceman Kagiso Rabada may miss the rest of the series against Australia but has the consolation of becoming the top-ranked Test bowler.
- It was Rabada’s fourth 10-wicket haul in only 28 Tests, which lifted him above England seamer James Anderson to the top spot in the International Cricket Council standings.
- However, Rabada will play no further part in the four-Test series against Australia after being found guilty of misconduct on Monday.
- Rabada denied deliberately brushing shoulders with touring captain Steve Smith while celebrating his dismissal on the opening day in Port Elizabeth but the ICC rejected the claim.
- Rabada, who missed one Test against England last summer after an incident with Ben Stokes, received an additional demerit point for his reaction after dismissing David Warner later in the Test, taking him to nine in total.