New Indian Express – Vidarbha team captain Faiz Fazal along with teammates celebrate with the trophy after winning the Ranji Trophy final match against Delhi.
- Vidarbha team captain Faiz Fazal along with teammates celebrate with the trophy after winning the Ranji Trophy final match against Delhi.
- | PTI File PhotoNAGPUR: A bunch of domestic performers such as Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw along with a battle-hardened internationals like Ravichandran Ashwin will be eager to add some context to Irani Cup when Rest of India clashes with Ranji Trophy champions Vidarbha, here from tomorrow.
- With just three weeks left for the cash-rich Indian Premier League to start, the Irani Cup sticks out like sore thumb as India A’s next big tour starts not before July.
- Most of the Rest of India players have had good Ranji Trophy season but BCCI’s decision to re-schedule Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy before IPL auctions has taken the sheen away from the prestigious match, which used to serve as trials for India hopefuls in yesteryears.
- Veteran Wasim Jaffer has played more Irani Cup matches than any of the remaining 21 players on the park and wouldn’t mind showing his sublime skills against Ashwin on what promises to be a flat batting track.