NZCityt – New Zealand allrounder Mitchell Santner has been ruled out of cricket for up to nine months with a knee injury which requires surgery.
- New Zealand allrounder Mitchell Santner has been ruled out of cricket for up to nine months with a knee injury which requires surgery.
- Santner, who has taken 34 wickets at an average of 37 from 17 Tests with his left-arm spin, experienced discomfort in his right knee during the recent England and Australia one-day matches and a scan revealed a bone defect.
- Blundell had done a great job, but Watling is a proven performer at Test level and brings a lot to the group both on and off the field, says New Zealand selector Gavin Larsen.
- The first match, the first day-night Test to be played in New Zealand, starts in Auckland on Thursday next week.
- New Zealand Test squad for England: Kane Williamson (c), Todd Astle, Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Jeet Raval, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling (wk).