Sport 24 – Cape Town – Australian captain Steve Smith says he wants Proteas speedster Kagiso Rabada to play in the remainder of the Test series.
- Cape Town – Australian captain Steve Smith says he wants Proteas speedster Kagiso Rabada to play in the remainder of the Test series.
- That won’t happen, though, as Rabada was on Monday suspended for two Test matches after the ICC punished him for his animated send-offs of Smith and opener David Warner in the second Test in Port Elizabeth.
- But, when speaking to media after his side had lost by six wickets on Monday, Smith said he would rather have Rabada in the Proteas line-up.
- “I think it’s something that the ICC has been trying to crack down on for some time in just trying to ensure that things look sportsmanlike out on the field,” Smith said of Rabada’s wicket celebrations.
- Smith was obviously unaware of the level 1 charge accepted by allrounder Mitchell Marsh, who had uttered a few choice words Rabada’s way on Monday.