Queensland Times – HAS your club considered putting in place a “Healthy Club” policy?
- HAS your club considered putting in place a “Healthy Club” policy?
- A Healthy Club policy will reinforce your club’s commitment to promotion of health and healthy behaviours, sets guidelines for your club members regarding what to expect from the club and outlines what your club considers unacceptable behaviour.
- A Healthy Club policy should address the following areas:Simple initiatives you can undertake towards a healthier club include:changing your training schedules to allow for extreme weather;encouraging members to wear sunscreen and hats; orarranging a training course for existing or new members on first aid, injury prevention, coaching and umpiring and responsible service of alcohol.
- The benefits of implementing healthy initiatives for your club include:recognition for promoting health and healthy initiatives in your community;safety as a positive marketing tool for the club; andTHERE are so many hard working and dedicated volunteers in the Ipswich sporting community.
- Dorothy Armstrong, who coordinates the Marburg Mt Crosby Milo In 2 Cricket program as well as the Ipswich T20 Blast program, was awarded the Queensland Cricket volunteer of the month.