Stuff – In a match featuring most of the England test team and four Black Caps batsmen eager to get their eye in, a lanky bowler from Canterbury stole the show and annoyed the tourists.
- In a match featuring most of the England test team and four Black Caps batsmen eager to get their eye in, a lanky bowler from Canterbury stole the show and annoyed the tourists.
- Kyle Jamieson scored 101 off 111 balls on Wednesday at Seddon Park in Hamilton, on the first day of a two-day day-night practice match between the tourists and a New Zealand XI, ahead of the test series that begins next week.
- READ MORE: * A weird day of cricket * Astle has the mental edge * Santner out of test series * Suspended bowler tops rankings”It wasn’t probably the plan, it was just an interesting experience for myself, having a guy of that stature having a few words with you.
- Jamieson averages 14 in first-class cricket, with a highest score of 40, and that won’t change, given that this was not a first-class match – a fact that was highlighted late in the day, when Latham, Raval and Nicholls all reappeared for a second crack.
- England are set to bat all day on Thursday, with a two-day red ball match to follow at the same venue on Friday and Saturday.