Hindustan Times – Rahul Dravid, former Indian cricket team captain, alongside badminton icons Saina Nehwal and Prakash Padukone are among the high-profile individuals who have been allegedly tricked by a Bengaluru-based Ponzi scheme, according to News18.
- READ | Bad news for Mohammed Shami: Charges against cricketer can’t be withdrawn at willThe high profile athletes are among 800 others, including well-known figures from the field of art, cinema, politics and commerce; all of whom seem to have been deceived by a firm called Vikram Investment Company according to the Bengaluru City Police.
- The police have arrested Raghavendra Sreenath, the owner of the company along with agents Sutram Suresh, Narasimhamurthy, K C Nagaraj and Prahlad.
- Kolkata Police ask BCCISuresh is said to be a well-known sports journalist in the Bengaluru circuits and was the person who convinced the sports personalities to invest in the ponzi scheme.
- We are verifying the documents,” a police officer was quoted as saying by News 18.
- The company had promised up to 40% returns on investments the police further claimed.