The Daily Star – Bangladesh – After the India-Bangladesh T-20 match in the Nidahas Trophy, 2018 tri-series on Wednesday, I felt that the Tigers had deprived themselves of a back-to-back victory.
- Closely on the heels of last Saturday’s epic win against Sri Lanka chasing down a target of 215 runs, the fourth highest in the history of international T-20 cricket, Bangladesh fancied its chances to defeat India.
- India won the second match against Bangladesh on Wednesday by 17 runs, a much narrower margin of victory than in the first encounter which India won by six wickets against the Tigers.
- India put up a score of 176 for 3 wickets setting Bangladesh a gettable target of 177 in 120 balls.
- India goes to the finals through three straight wins, leaving Bangladesh and Sri Lanka perhaps in a semi-final contest.
- Even Pakistani commentator Aamir Sohail who had abrasively termed Bangladesh’s bowling “pedestrian” against Sri Lanka in a match we would win magnificently in the end, spoke in praise of our bowling effort against India.