ABC News Australia – Cricket Australia and the players directly involved could literally pay a high price for the ball-tampering scandal engulfing the sport.
- Magellan took the Commonwealth Bank’s place as the men’s team’s main home series sponsor after CBA decided to shift its sponsorship dollars to women’s, Indigenous, all-abilities and grassroots cricket.
- CBA told the ABC that it is awaiting the outcome of Cricket Australia’s investigation before taking any action.
- “We are disappointed about the events that have emerged from the third test in South Africa and have asked for a full explanation from Cricket Australia following the conclusion of its investigation into this affair,” a spokesman said.
- Cricket Australia has already stood down Smith and vice-captain David Warner over the scandal, leaving Tim Paine in charge of the team for the final test in the four-match series in South Africa.
- “LG is acutely aware of the incident in South Africa involving the Australian Cricket team,” the company said in a statement.