Rediff – Images from Day 1 of the fourth Test between South Africa and Australia in Johannesburg on Friday.
- Images from Day 1 of the fourth Test between South Africa and Australia in Johannesburg on Friday.
- Opener Aiden Markram led the way with an unbeaten half-century as South Africa took the morning honours against a much-changed Australia, going to lunch on 88 for one on the opening day of the fourth and final Test on Friday.
- The scandal-hit tourists, reeling from their ball-tampering scandal and led by new captain Tim Paine, made four changes, including a debut for seamer Chadd Sayers, but having won the toss South Africa had few alarms under cloudy skies.
- Burns and Renshaw only arrived in South Africa on the eve of the Test and have had one net session, while all-rounder Glenn Maxwell, who flew out with them, was not selected to play.
- South Africa, 2-1 up in the series, are unchanged with fast bowler Morne Morkel playing his final Test match before he retires from international cricket.