Evening Standard – Talk to those who know Toby Roland-Jones best, and they will tell you his personality reflects his cricket.
- Roland-Jones played his first four Tests last summer, and England won the lot.
- But eight days before that squad was due to be named, he pulled up, four balls into his 11th over, on the first day of Middlesex’s crunch match against Lancashire, having felt a twinge in his lower back.
- Roland-Jones remained typically sanguine, consoling himself with the knowledge that, with his international career coming about so quickly, the tour would have been a bonus.
- Promotion with Middlesex, who were beginning their season at Lord’s today against Northamptonshire, is his sole focus.
- Get that bit right, and Roland-Jones will be right back on the selectors’ minds for the First Test against Pakistan at Lord’s next month.