The Northern Star – FREE to air coverage is so important to the growth of a sport.
- FREE to air coverage is so important to the growth of a sport.
- Women’s cricket received another shot in the arm with the announcement of joint coverage from Fox Sports and Channel 7 from 2019.
- What is starting to be understood in women’s sport is that Australians are willing to get behind it once they’re able to watch it, and follow it consistently Sports like netball and AFL have free to air coverage and enjoy huge popularity among Australians.
- Photo: AAP BRENDAN ESPOSITO And while cricket had some free to air coverage before, this increase, with a full commitment to internationals, negotiated in contract for the six-year period, will help move cricket into that same space.
- While the new deal may not be as good for men’s cricket with less broadcast on free to air, in the women’s game has done well.