Daily Mail UK – Disgraced ex-cricketer David Warner has been spotted taking a swing with an imaginary bat during a rare public outing in Sydney.
- Warner masterminded a shameful ball-tampering plot against South Africa last month which resulted in him accepting a year-long ban from the sport.
- In the wake of the ball-tampering scandal, Warner delivered a press conference in which he repeatedly ignored questions, as his wife, Candice, sat expressionless.
- Warner, along with former captain Steve Smith, was left with his reputation in tatters following the scandal, which also reportedly left the pair significantly out of pocket.
- Before the ball-tampering scandal scandal broke, Smith earned $2million while Warner took home$1.4m from their central contracts with Cricket Australia.
- This encompassed their base salary, plus bonuses for appearing in Test matches, one-day internationals and T20 games.