Deccan Chronicle – Barring a hopelessly one-sided contest between Rajasthan and Hyderabad, most matches in the first week of the IPL have been competitive.
- The fact that several star overseas players – Smith, Warner, Starc, Cummins and Rabada among them – have been ruled out for one reason or the other hasn’t made a dent in the IPL’s appeal either as packed houses at all matches have shown.
- Where individual performances are concerned, there’s already been some ‘special’ efforts from Andre Russel, Dwayne Bravo, Sunil Narine, Sam Billings, K.
- Already this season, several new, upcoming and young players wanting to establish their cricketing bonafides have made a mark.
- Mujeeb-ur-Rehman, the youngest player in the IPL, is another Afghan leg spinner quickly climbing the ranks in international cricket.
- Two young Indian spinners who’ve had a fine start to this season are Mayank Markande and Washington Sundar.