Rediff – IMAGES from the match between KKR and Sunrisers Hyderabad played at Eden Gardens on Saturday
A splendid bowling show spearheaded by pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar helped Sunrisers Hyderabad restrict Kolkata Knight Riders to a modest 138/8 in a rain-interrupted IPL match in Kolkata on Saturday.
- Opting to bowl after winning the toss, SRH’s overseas duo of Billy Stanlake (2/21) and Shakib Al Hasan (2/22) put the brakes in the middle overs, triggering a collapse after a one-hour rain delay.
- An integral part of KKR’s twin-IPL winning campaigns, Shakib became the thorn against his former team and young Australian pacer Stanlake gave him a fine support.
- Lynn was the lone KKR crusader in the middle but a sensational diving catch by Shakib off his own bowling denied the Australian a half-century as the star Bangladeshi cricketer once again did his job in the middle overs.
- Bhuvneshwar’s breakthrough and a tidy two-run over by Stanlake had KKR struggling for 23/1 in four overs before Lynn and Rana seized the momentum in two overs off Siddharth Kaul and Rashid Khan who leaked 14 and 12 overs respectively in their first overs.
- KKR were looking good with Lynn and Rana in the middle before rain stopped the play at the score of 52/1 in seven overs.