Hindustan Times – Sanju Samson’s stunning 92 not out in Rajasthan Royals’ win over Royal Challengers Bangalore on Sunday again showed Indian Premier League is not merely about foreign players or stars from the national team.
- The occasion was perfect as it came before his national skipper, Virat Kohli, leading the fielding team whose top bowlers Umesh Yadav and Chris Woakes too were at the receiving end.
- However, Virat Kohli, while praising the effort, seemed to tell Samson that he needed to be more than the IPL season’s flavour.
- After the game, Kohli was all praise for Samson’s special, but was clueless why he has not graduated to the next level – play for India beyond the lone T20 against Zimbabwe in 2015.
- He is a really talented player, we have seen over the years he has done well in IPL.
- READ: IPL 2018: Virat Kohli says read pitch wrong after RCB’s loss to RR“He got off to a good start, then bowlers bowled well, but he kept his shape, hanging in there.