Gulf Today (UAE) – Bengaluru: Rajasthan Royals (RR) defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by 19 runs on Sunday to register their second win in three matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Twenty20 cricket tournament on Sunday.
- Samson shared crucial partnerships with Ben Stokes (27 off 21), Jos Buttler (23 off 14) and Rahul Tripaathi (14 not out off five), as Rajasthan capitalised on a strong start provided by captain Ajinkya Rahane (36 off 20).
- Samson moved to score 50 off 34 balls as he shared an important partnership of 49 runs with Stokes, who was bowled by Chahal in the second delivery of the 13th over, with Rajasthan at 102/3.
- In the final over, Samson hit India pacer Umesh Yadav for two sixes to take Rajasthan beyond the 200-run mark.
- De Kock pulled spinner Short to Unadkat at deep backward square leg as Rajasthan saw the end of a potential match-turning partnership.
- In came RCB’s big gun de Villiers but Rajasthan decided to employ spinners Gowtham and Shreyas Gopal to force Kohli and de Villiers to go for power.