FirstPost.com (India) – Ian Chappell sat comfortably on the sofa in the Jaipur suite of The Trident hotel ahead of a lengthy series of interviews.
- Having seen the game from different seats in the stadium — as a player, captain, commentator and spectator — the once aggressive Australian captain is not too happy about what has hit his national cricket team in the past few months.
- Firstpost interacted with one of the most successful Australian captains, batsmen and now a vigorous commentator, on aggression in cricket, the ball-tampering scandal and whether Steve Smith and David Warner would be able to make a comeback.
- After the ball-tampering scandal, many former cricketers and cricket experts raised fingers on Australia’s dressing room culture.
- Now with Steve Smith gone for one year and Tim Paine named as captain, how do you see him taking Australian cricket forward?
- I am not sure if Cricket Australia want him back, which is sad because he is a good cricketer.