Times of India – KOLKATA: New Zealand captain Kane Williamson on Sunday said he idolised batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar as a youngster.”Some of my favourite cricketers have been Indians.
- KOLKATA: New Zealand captain Kane Williamson on Sunday said he idolised batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar as a youngster.
- Indian player Sachin Tendulkar, I met him during my debut for New Zealand.
- “The first time I met him was in my debut game for New Zealand.
- He is a legend of the game,” said Williamson who is rated as one of the best batsmen of his times along with Virat Kohli , Joe Root and Steve Smith In his debut Test in Ahmedabad eight years back, Williamson scored 131 in the first innings and did not get a chance to bat in the second as the match ended in a draw.
- “I was 19-20 and it was great opportunity to get alongside the legends of the game and pick their brains,” Williamson, 27, added.