WA Today – Seven West Media boss Tim Worner has rejected suggestions Cricket Australia’s $1.
- Seven West Media boss Tim Worner has rejected suggestions Cricket Australia’s $1.
- The bumper six-year media deal announced by Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland on Friday means Australians will have to pay for a Foxtel subscription to watch one-day and Twenty20 internationals, as well as 16 matches of Big Bash League.
- Mr Worner said that because Seven has the rights to broadcast these two sports but is choosing to allow Foxtel to show them exclusively as part of the deal, the deal does not contravene the rules.
- Both deals allow Foxtel to show some games exclusively, in what Mr Worner considers a “similar” situation to the cricket deal.
- Mr Worner said his experience with AFL had helped with the cricket negotiations and given him confidence Seven could achieve solid ratings even when in a simulcast arrangement with Foxtel.