BBC UK – Nottinghamshire began life back in Division One with a six-wicket win at Lancashire after an incredible finish.
- Having resumed on 58-2, the hosts were all out for just 73 after losing eight wickets for 15 runs, as England paceman Jake Ball (4-14) and left-armer Harry Gurney (6-25) ran riot at Old Trafford.
- That left Notts needing 10 runs to win, but they then slumped to 9-4.
- Lancashire started day four trailing by just six runs, but once Keaton Jennings was trapped lbw by Gurney for 27, chaos ensued.
- The normally reliable Shivnarine Chanderpaul went in Gurney’s next over, caught superbly by Ross Taylor, before Ball took a wicket in each of his next four overs.
- He held length and moved the ball both ways.