Times of India – NEW DELHI: Mahendra Singh Dhoni played an entertaining knock of 79 not out, even hitting a last-ball six, but failed to take his team home as Kings XI Punjab registered a thrilling four-run victory over Chennai Super Kings at the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali on Sunday.
- But it all went in vain as they fell short by four runs in the end, managing 193/5 in 20 overs.
- Watson started well hitting back-to-back fours off Mohit, but the bowler had the last laugh three balls later.Murali Vijay and Ambati Rayudu kept the scoring rate high as they smashed 22 runs in the next two overs.
- Dhoni made the equation a gettable 17 off the final over as he smacked 18 off Tye’s last four balls which included tow sixes and a four, before CSK came short.
- For CSK, Shardul Thakur and Imran Tahir picked up two scalps each while Harbhajan Singh, Shane Watson and Dwayne Bravo got a wicket each.
- Yuvraj Singh (20 off 13), who struggled in the first two games, seemed to get into his groove before Thakur had him caught behind off a short ball.