NationNews (Barbados) – THERE was little fanfare as Lords won their first Barbados Cricket Association’s (BCA) Intermediate title on Sunday.
- The Lowlands, St Lucy side easily defeated school team Alexandra by nine wickets in a low-keyed, belated 2017 final at St Catherine’s Club before just over a dozen spectators and not a single BCA board member at the Bayfield, St Philip venue.
- After dismissing Alexandra for 151 in their second innings, Lords, who had led on first innings by 123 runs, knocked off the 29 runs for victory, reaching 30 for one in 9.1 overs.
- He finished with match figures of ten wickets for 121 runs and also fashioned his maiden BCA century, scoring 101 in his team’s first innings total of 282, replying to Alexandra’s 159.
- Johnson found another useful partner in last year’s Barbados Under-15 captain Renacko Belgrave and they shared a 41-run eighth wicket stand to avoid an innings defeat.
- Thompson also held a good overhead catch running back from mid-on to remove Belgrave for 16 off Stanford, who bowled last man Sachin Clarke for two to collect his sixth wicket and leave Lords with a simple victory assignment.