Cricket365 – England opener Mark Stoneman may have endured a lean run during England’s winless winter downunder averaging just a shade over thirty.
- England opener Mark Stoneman may have endured a lean run during England’s winless winter downunder averaging just a shade over thirty.
- Stoneman played all seven of England’s Tests against Australia and New Zealand and while he managed four fifties he was unable to reach three figures.
- ALSO READ: Broad still has ‘huge desire’ to do well in TestsStoneman will be looking to convert his starts into big scores in both the Championship and the upcoming Tests against Pakistan, should he be retained.
- As a team, we did some good things in the second Test down in Christchurch but just weren’t able to force the result home.”
- Stoneman will have an opportunity to learn from one of the form openers in Test cricket right now, Dean Elgar who has joined Surrey as a replacement for Mitchell Marsh as overseas professional.