Canberra Times – Her dominance of the Cricket ACT landscape meant it was only a matter of time before Zoe Cooke earned an ACT Meteors recall.
- Her dominance of the Cricket ACT landscape meant it was only a matter of time before Zoe Cooke earned an ACT Meteors recall.
- Her role in the Meteors XI could be magnified with Cricket ACT confirming superstar South African duo Marizanna Kapp and Dane van Niekirk will not return for the 2018-19 season.
- Cooke’s deal comes off the back of four consecutive SJ Moore medal wins as Cricket ACT’s women’s player of the year, with the 22-year-old previously holding a Meteors rookie contract five years ago.
- “Zoe has dominated female cricket within the ACT over the last two seasons and has been fittingly rewarded with an ACT Meteors contract,” Meteors coach James Allsopp said.
- Nicole Goodwin and Emily Leys will not return to the Meteors next season after Cricket ACT opted not to renew the pair’s contracts.