Rediff – Karnataka leg-spinner Shreyas Gopal sizzled in front of his home fans in Bengaluru to play a key role in Rajasthan Royals’ victory over the Royal Challengers Bangalore on Sunday.
- Gopal, who has played a lot of cricket at the M Chinnaswamy stadium, made most of his knowledge of the venue as he returned with match-turning figures of 2/22 in four overs.
- He dismissed the dangerous duo of Virat Kohli and A B de Villiers in successive overs to squash RCB’s hopes.
- RCB Captain Kohli perished in the 11th over, caught at deep midwicket off Gopal after he hit an impressive 57 from 30 balls, having hit two sixes and six fours.
- At that stage, RCB were 100/2 in 10 overs on a good batting wicket, but lost their way after Gopal’s strike — losing 3 wickets for 34 runs in the next 5 overs.
- With two premier batsmen back in the hut, RCB never really mounted a challenge and finished on 198/6, falling short by 19 runs.