FirstPost.com (India) – One of the most awaited contests this season since the Indian Premier League (IPL) auctions was Gautam Gambhir returning to his adopted him, Kolkata.
- When that happened, it turned out to be a rather one-sided affair as Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) brought out their ‘A’ game to squash Delhi Daredevils’ (DD) plans.
- If it was the wickets of AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli against Bangalore, it was a well calculated assault against Delhi Daredevils, where he resurrected a faltering innings and matched Andre Russell shot for shot.
- Rahul Tewatia, in yet another impressive showing, conceded a solitary run in the final over of the Kolkata innings and picked up three wickets to help Delhi gather any momentum they could after the Russell-Rana carnage.
- One Delhi bowler who would go back with his reputation slightly enhanced is Trent Boult, who has benefited from the movement on offer on most wickets this season.
- In his return to Kolkata, Gambhir could do little of note as Mavi, who wasn’t trusted with the ball last game, knocked over Kolkata’s former skipper with a delivery that cramped him for room.